First 10 Questions
1. The part of Media that I am looking forward to the most is studying the nine different types of media, that we have on our curriculum.
2. The skills I hope to learn in Media are critical thinking and learning how to edit different media types. I also hope to refine my analytical skills and hopefully build on my communication skills.
3. The grade I hope to achieve in Media is a grade 7. While it would be lovely to achieve a grade 8 or 9, I feel like for a student that is only going to be leaning Media Studies for two years before their GCSEs, my expectations are pretty realistic.
4. The device I use the most to access media is my phone. It's where I watch or read most of the news, use the most social media and watch films or dramas.
5. My average screentime on my phone is 6 hours. Mainly being made up of using social media such as 'Spotify', 'YouTube', and 'Instagram'. I personally feel like my screentime is a bit too high for a growing teenager, but I do see how it builds up without me keeping track of how long I use these apps.
6. The last film I have watched was 'Independence Day'. It's an Science Fiction film about extraterrestrials arriving on Earth on the 3rd of July, and threatening to wipe out the human race.
7. I usually use my phone or laptop to listen to music. The primary apps that I use are 'YouTube' and 'Spotify'. However, I do listen to music on the radio while in my parent's car.
8. I do play video games, primarily on my phone. The games I mainly play are 'Solitaire', 'Block Blast', 'Little Alchemy' and 'Zen Color'. My favourite game from these is either 'Solitaire' or 'Zen Color'.
9. The social media apps that I have an account on and primarily use are 'Instagram', 'WhatsApp', 'Spotify', and 'Weverse'. I enjoy using these apps the most because I am able to access music, content from Artists that I like, and talk to friends.
10. Personally, I think that media is both a positive and negative thing in young people's lives. While is has many positives like communicating easily with friends, easy access to daily news or updates, and is a source of entertainment, if not handled with care it can become a very negative thing in our life, as it is a place that is home to a lot of cyberbullying, and posts that may influence young people in negative ways.
Extension task: Watch a video and answer questions.
1. The casting of Ncuti Gatwa in Doctor Who was significant because he became the first Black actor and first actor born outside of the UK to take on the permanent title role. This offered a vital mirror for minority and young viewers in the cultural landscape.
2. I think the audience would enjoy the first reveal of the Tardis, as it gives us a preview of what adventures may happen later on in the TV series. The audience would also be excited for the information revealed about the Doctor's past, as it gives us an insight into what his childhood could've been like.
3. This scene is constructed to tell the audience the history of Doctor Who by showing us Ruby's initial shock to the discovery of the Tardis, and slowly revealing the genocide on Gillifrey.
Comments
Post a Comment